Stress can have an enormous impact on your health and your quality of life at any age-and even more so as you get older. As you age, you’re more likely to experience emotional trauma associated with loss. For many seniors, dealing with loneliness can lead to a diminished investment in life.
Try these tips to help deal with difficult changes:
- Focus on being thankful. Appreciate and enjoy your life and don’t take people or things for granted.
- Acknowledge your feelings and express them. Talk to a friend, family member or health professional, write in a journal or join a support group.
- Embrace your spirituality
- Accept that some things are out of your control
- Try to keep your sense of humor